Wednesday 12 May 2010

New Directions

Kinda sounds like something from Glee, seems as well to be the only thing making my happy these days. And along similar lines to this I intend to, "Cut some shapes."
From the Crit today I was expecting the worse but through talking to people I needed to clarify a design direction and what it is I actually want to produce for them obviously there was the matter of what I had therefore been doing for three weeks, I don't think we should mention that.
As a few things to start the research off what I wanted to look at was more minimal design, forget relating what I am doing to winter and create design that is influenced by being new, much like the fast paced thinking of aqua couture. Words to think about include:

- Minimal design
- Shapes (possibly pieces of the logo)
- Shadows
- Lighting
- Moving objects
- Scales
- Transformations
- Decorative minimalist typography
- Hidden/Transforming perspectives

Its about graphic design but on a spacial and interactive level, Ross Stanton whom is a regular to the Aqua scene seemed very taken to the brief that i had proposed. He recommended a minimal design strategy and suggested the use of installation video as a possibility. Kate Fenton also suggested the use of video within the form of digital projections. I intend of having a research day tomorrow and at the end of the day begin constructing something to carry forward.


DataFlux from KitWebster.

No comments:

Post a Comment