Tuesday 11 May 2010

Harvey Nichols: New S/S


I couldn't help but notice the latest, window merchandising from Harvey Nichols on the way past to college. Recently based upon cascading letterforms the new direction seems based upon a lot of shapen wood. Lots of more natural based colours with lots of textures still existing. I really like the way this is designed, the sweeping wood forming elegant curves with the models interacting with the display as it moves over the scene. I particularly like the way it moves upwards through the building, creating that enticing entrance way.
I also noticed the latest Jack-Wills windows, using vintage suitcases and mixed type forms, it works really nicely as a composition. I think I would like to work with something much more related to the season, rather than creating pretty compositions.

No comments:

Post a Comment