Wednesday 13 January 2010



After delivering my very successful presentation yesterday one of the main contextual graphic designers to look at was the work of saul bass. Because I am wanting to given a hand-crafted feel to my animation I intend on working with shapes and vectors in my videos, saul bass produced animation sequences for film introductions, the one above "Anatomy of a Murderer" & below "The Man with the Golden Arm". Both are vector based using a limited colour pallet using various but primarily front-on angles. Working in a handcrafted way I am very interested in creating work with lots of detail, something that shows a certain degree of work and real attention to the small areas. The video at the bottom I believe is another one of Saul Bass' works for the film "Catch Me if you Can", much more along the lines of what I want to create in my idents, the idea of having a a scene with something going on giving a real sense of pace and character to the animation.



No comments:

Post a Comment