Wednesday 23 September 2009

The first brief of the year! 4 postcards that reflect the summer, a good simple start you would assume but as you go deep beneath the surface it get so much harder. The current module 'Design for Print' looks at industrial print processes and the work must reflect a good understanding of print, hence it get much more intense.
Initially the brief reminded me of the postcards I used to collect back in the first years of high school when we used to have a library lesson which looking back now was very strange. Each time we had a lesson we were allowed to take a postcard from the collection which changed every week and I still have them to this day, some missing as between being bookmarks and actually being sent as postcards. I had a look for some that reflected well a particular print process and I found this one, by unknown designer. although in a full colour print version it could have been very easily 2 spot colours. I'm not fully sure of the print process, but it could be screen printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment